I have been feeling guilty because I have not been keeping up with my blog posts and I have a couple of new checkmarks to update. My excuse is that I am currently in the Bahamas visiting my grandchildren (and their parents) and life has been a little hectic; wonderful but hectic! This trip was my October gift to myself - bought and paid for in October and now being enjoyed. My November gift to myself was a lovely duty free bracelet that called out to me as I was killing time waiting for my plane. I love this part of my challenge!
Before I left we went to see "To Kill a Mockingbird" at Theatre Calgary. I had read the book as a child and, of course, seen the movie with Gregory Peck many years ago but I had never seen the stage play so I looked forward to it with great anticipation. We went out for a nice meal at "Catch" beforehand - very good but did not qualify for the "excellent new restaurant" I still have to discover.
The play was most enjoyable although it was disappointing that Merv and I could barely hear the dialogue spoken by the children in the play, but the main adult characters were excellent and the play itself is timeless in its appeal. It is hard to believe that it is not that long ago that the storyline of this play was actually a reality in the States and many other parts of the world. It seems as long ago and foreign as the Roman Empire or the Napoleonic wars, and what a good thing that is. We've come a long way Baby, thank goodness. I wonder what our grandchildren will watch in 40 years about our time that will seem as foreign to them.
The other small item that I have checked off is "Discover a new Spa". I went to the Oasis Spa at Mt Royal Village to have the required pre-Bahamas pedicure needed for sandal wearing tourists and it was wonderful - full paraffin wax treatment, salt scrub, oil massage and more. Definitely a pedicure, not a "ghettocure". I will go back.
No comments:
Post a Comment