July 6th; This afternoon I attended Brent's funeral. It was held at Christ Church in Calgary, a beautiful old Anglican Church by the Elbow River and being there brought back memories of my dear friend Barbara Sherringtons funeral in 2009, one of the people that I am honouring with this quest.
Brent's funeral was amazing; positive, powerful and a true tribute to the man that he was. The church was packed to overflowing and I heard many people say how proud they were to have known him and how he had filled his life and those around him with energy and fun. It made me think of one of my father's favourite poems, "If" by Rudyard Kipling:
"If you can fill the unforgiving minute
With sixty seconds worth of distance run
Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,
And -more than this - you'll be a man my son"
Goodbye Brent, it was a privilege.
So back to my list:
There are only 25 days to go before I start working on my 60 fun things so as you can see, I have been diligently writing down ideas. Already I have been getting emails and phone calls from people offering their support and suggestions. I am including my List-so-far in today's blog so that anyone out there can make suggestions for new ideas or offer me help in completing some that I have already written.
The list will undoubtedly change before the deadline and it is not, and may never be, in any order of precedence, but some items are starred because they are location dependant. I plan to visit both Mexico and the UK during this year so I will be looking for more ideas for those locations. Not everything on the list is high on the Wow and Omigod factors but hey, I only have a year and I am still working, but there are some biggies in there and I am looking for more. Keep those ideas coming!
No comments:
Post a Comment