Wednesday, 13 July 2011

Stampede Week

Today is the middle of Stampede week and hopefully the weather will improve for the rest of the Stampede. I can honestly say that I have never seen so much rain as we have had this spring and summer. If next year follows this same weather trend it could take the edge off some of the fun experiences I have planned. The accompanying plague of mosquitoes does not add to the enjoyment of the many outdoor events that are part of this season. Ah well, bring on the Deet!

I have been diligently adding a few items every day and am up to about 44 on my list. It has occurred to me that some serious scheduling, planning and purchasing of tickets will be required to make this run smoothly and I can see that spontaneity may have to be scheduled in between 3pm and 5pm on Wednesdays...! Hopefully there will be days when I get get several items checked off in one go which will definitely help; for example I should be able to ride on the back of a motorbike to a fabulous new restaurant where I can discover a really good, expensive new wine and celebrate with a bottle of champagne, but it is probably not then a good idea to drive a mercedes sports car home afterwards.

I can see that more planning is required.

No comments:

Post a Comment