Saturday, 30 July 2011

My Birthday Eve

An exciting day today that involved two separate trips to the airport to pick up two of my sons who are visiting in Calgary before heading on or back to other places. Spending time in the arrival area at airports fascinates me. I love to see the emotions in the waiting crowd; the young children dressed up to the nines to meet grandparents, the large family groups arriving to be greeted with screams, hugs, tears and flowers and, of course, the young couple who stand locked in a long, passionate kiss right at the centre of the arrival area that goes on about a minute too long for the comfort of observers. Far better than the departure gate where the tears are of sadness and there are no flowers.
So tomorrow I start my challenge and I am excited to begin. I promise to write about every task as it is completed and I beg your patience and indulgence if I occasionally head off at a tangent and start to philosophise, dramatise and pontificate about things that have little or nothing to do with my list but are suggested to me by my experiences.
Tomorrow I will share my first of (at least) 6 bottles of Champagne to be drunk in celebration throughout the year and part of the Champagne toast will be to the success of my challenge. My list is still about 6 items short but I have decided that I have to allow some space for opportunities to do new things that did not occur to me in advance, but I will keep track of everything and hope that you will follow me in this adventure.
The countdown begins.

No comments:

Post a Comment