Sunday, 14 August 2011

Another task accomplished



Yesterday, August 13th, was the most beautiful day of the summer with clear skies, warm temperatures and not a breath of wind which made it perfect for hosting a party for all our Calgary based Loreto Bay neighbours. Some 40+ people showed up at our place bringing salads, desserts and appetisers and we cooked burgers and hot dogs and a great time was had by all. The best thing about hosting a party like that is that everyone has something in common and we all share a love of many of the same things. Merv and I met lots of new people and everyone had a lot of fun - which, after all, is what this project is all about.
I have been looking at my list and trying to decide which tasks need to be done soon before the end of the summer. Some things on the list I have bought (or been given) tickets for and others I am working on scheduling such as my trip to the UK next year. I have to admit that a couple of items on the list are beginning to take on an alarming size in my brain - the COP zipline for example is beginning to terrify me! I looked at it from the highway and got a creeping sensation of nausea in my stomach which was made worse by a couple of You Tube videos! I am not sure what inspired me to add it to my list in the first place... Stay tuned on that one.

No comments:

Post a Comment