Those of you who know me and are kind enough to be following my blog will understand that there are a few items on my list that are particular challenges to me, the largest being the Zipline at COP. Well, I had the choice of letting this task hang over me for a year like the sword of Damocles (literary reference for my more erudite readers) or getting it out of the way as soon as possible and to me the choice was obvious: I would, of course, ignore the whole thing for as long as possible but then I got an email this morning from my dear and soon to be former friend Becky that she has booked us in for this Friday morning!
When I left the bathroom after throwing up, I realised that in this, as in many things in life, the only way out is through so I will be there at 10.30am on Friday appropriately dressed (Red like Mary Queen of Scots I think) and clutching a packet of Depends. I hope Becky can take some photos as my hands will be shaking too much to hold the camera, not just from fear but from drinking hard liquor too early in the morning! Stay tuned, pray hard.
On a happier note, one of my more pleasant tasks is to buy myself a present every month and in August I bought myself a beautiful new Persian rug for the dining room. I am also now becoming quite skilled at downloading music to my Ipod and making Playlists for myself so all in all I think I am on track to get this whole challenge done on time and with flying colours - all too literally on Friday.
No comments:
Post a Comment