My apologies to those loyal followers who have been waiting for updates. I am beginning to realise that writing a regular blog is almost as challenging as finding the time to do the things to write about! Anyway, I have been making progress, albeit in baby steps and not all items on my list are blogworthy - isn't that a great word? Blogworthy. I think that should be added to the OED or at least the official Scrabble dictionary.
So Saturday was the day that I had bought us 2 tickets to go see Scottie play Oscar in the Odd Couple at the Pumphouse Theatre. I was very keen to see this performance as I was myself a cast member in the Odd Couple, Female Version some 20 years ago with the Bearspaw Drama Club. The plan was to go out for dinner and then on to the show. Well, true to form in the life of a Realtor, the phone rang as I was getting ready and I had to spend the next 30 minutes dealing with an offer. We eventually got to the restaurant, ordered and waited.... and waited.... and eventually after the 1/2 litre of house red was finished we got the waiter to pack our untouched meals up in styrofoam, paid and left. Merv was not happy. My fault. Nothing new there then. We ate it when we got home at 11pm!
We then proceeded to get lost trying to find the Pumphouse Theatre, not for the first time, and finally arrived as the play was due to start, but good old Pumphouse, they made the actors wait for us!
The performance was wonderful and Scottie was a scarily convincing Oscar. The whole cast was great and I have to admire the actor who played the Cop as he had broken his arm that very afternoon and played his part with his arm bound up and didn't miss a beat. What a trouper! I must say that I enjoy all live theatre, but amateur and small rep companies can be the most satisfying and the most fun because these guys are doing it in their spare time because they love it. Great job Scottie.
No comments:
Post a Comment