To paraphrase the words of the confessional, "It has been a month since my last blog update" and I have no excuse other than to blame the timeless nature of the world that I am living in this winter. I have been here in Loreto for almost 3 months and it has flown by. I cannot believe that I return home in just two weeks. This photo taken just before dawn from a kayak goes a long way to help explain the tranquility and beauty of this wonderful place. My soul is at peace here.

In order to complete this task I talked to a friend who owns a double kayak because the kayak rental man does not arrive until 10am. She was happy to help me and another friend wanted in so at 6am on a chilly morning we met on the beach. Both these ladies own small dogs who accompanied us (each dog wearing a lifejacket) and for a wild moment I imagined trying to get Blu into a) a lifejacket and b) a kayak!
The water was calm with no more than a gentle lapping motion at the edge as we launched. The sky and the sea went through a glorious range of colours from violet through all the reds to palest pink until the sun appeared behind Isla Carmen and the day began. Another amazing experience and I am so glad that I made this committment to myself. My thanks to Kristen and Vicky for helping me complete this task.
No comments:
Post a Comment